Memorial Day, a favorite RV weekend
As you hit the road for the long weekend, here are some interesting facts about this special day for remembering and honoring our fallen heroes.
- It is a federal holiday in the U. S.
- Created to remember the people who died while serving in the country’s armed forces.
- Observed every year on the last Monday of May.
- In 1868, after the Civil War, it was originally called “Decoration Day”.
- Established by the Grand Army of the Republic, an organization of Union veterans in Decatur, Illinois as a time to decorate the graves of the war dead with flowers.
- In the early 20th century, separate Union and Confederate holiday traditions were merged into one holiday, Memorial Day, to honor all Americans who died while serving in the military.
- While Memorial Day is a time for remembering those service men and women who died, Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans.
- Memorial Day marks the beginning of the summer season, while Labor Day marks its end.
- Don’t forget the Indianapolis 500! This year will be the 100th running of the famous race.
Follow this link to a blog about Memorial Day for RVers, written by Tammy, our Parts Manager.
New duds for our dudes.
On your next visit to Leale’s, check out the new technician uniforms. As we refresh our company “brand” we thought it was time for a uniform update too. So, the old standard light gray tech uniforms are out and new, dark gray and black ones are in. Classy.
Our techs model their new uniforms. Very nice, guys.
We still have a few Leale’s 2016 calendars left, so ask for a calendar on your next visit. In addition to the wonderful photos taken by our customers, there are special discounts offered for each month. Check out each month’s page for the RV, Automotive & Transmission, and special Free RV Service for that month.
Speaking of photos...enter our next photo contest!
Our first customer photo contest was so much fun, we’re going to do it again! “Thanks” to all of you who sent us your photos. Our calendars have been a huge success! Our customers love them! So, we are asking you to again share some of your favorite pictures from your RV travels.
We have a new theme this year…….”Traveling with your co-pilot.”
In your photos, feature your favorite traveling companion(s):
Husbands, wives, friends, children, grandchildren, dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, bobble heads, teddy bears, etc….
- Send us your photos of traveling with your co-pilot(s):
Co-pilot alone in photo.
You and your co-pilot together.
People having fun in their RVs.
- Put your co-pilot in a scene inside your RV, outside your RV, anywhere, but include an RV somehow, somewhere in the photo. Make it interesting.
- Show some scenery, points of interest, sunsets, sunrises, mountains, deserts, activities……whatever you find interesting or beautiful during your travels in your RV.
- Different seasons with RVs. Holidays would be great too. You can even dress up your co-pilot.
- RVs by themselves, or near other RVs (with your co-pilots, of course).
Example: Sisters on their first trip up the California coast (Pacifica) in a brand new coach. Hint: the co-pilot is in pink.
Where will the photos be used?
On our Website, in our newsletter, and in our Leale’s 2017 calendar.
How the contest works:
- No limit to the number of photos you submit. More is better.
- No limit to your creativity.
- HAVE FUN!
- Captions. Include a caption for each photo. Tell us the story of each photo: where you are and a little about your co-pilot(s).
- Send the largest file size you have. (300 dpi is best. 250 dpi minimum) This is very important because larger file sizes are needed for printing than for use on the Web.
- Send photos by email to email@example.com.
Include your full name and phone number. In your message, include this statement: “I give Leale’s permission to publish this (these) photos in the following places: Leale’s newsletter, Leale’s website, Leale’s calendar."
- Contest ends October 31, 2017.
- Contest winners will be announced in November.
The top 13 winners will go on our 2017 calendar….. Of course there will be prizes!
Tow vehicles need love too.
We will take care of your towed vehicle, too.
Don’t forget that Leale’s provides expert automotive care in our Transmission and Auto Repair facility. Our highly experienced expert technicians provide outstanding quality on all types of auto service and repair including:
Complete Automotive Service and Transmission Specialists!
For high-quality, fast service for your car, contact: Leale's Transmission and Auto Repair: 408 286-5350
Leale's RV customers will receive a Free Auto oil change (for your car) with any automotive service over $300.
Mention this offer when making your auto appointment. Offer good through July 31, 2016
Oh, what a rally we had!
Last month, we hosted a rally for The Villages RV Club, and oh what fun it was! An enthusiastic group presentation and discussion was followed by interactive demonstrations and a complete facility tour. We followed that up with a delicious BBQ lunch and raffle with exciting prizes.
We would love to put together a special customized rally for your group. Just give us a call.
The battery presentation was especially interesting to the group.
Have a club rally at Leale's!
There is no rally like a Leale’s rally, so come rally with us. All RV clubs are invited to visit the Leale’s facility, take a tour, and share important information.
If your club is interested in experiencing a rally at Leale’s, please contact Babette Shelton.
Laundry on the road. Customize that!
Even on vacation, we can’t seem to escape some of life’s everyday chores. And since clothes get dirty, especially while camping, finding a way to do laundry on the road can be a challenge.
One solution is a custom RV laundry center, like this one we installed in a 5th wheel.
Our techs removed the master bedroom closet, and in that space put in a built –in washer and dryer stackable unit. This customization project required special plumbing and electrical wiring. They also added an exterior dryer vent and a washer drain.
If you're thinking about customizing something on your RV, just give us a call.
RV customization is one of our specialties.
RV Camping Tips
Check out this easy and fun breakfast treat while you’re RV camping. Make these over a campfire the night before, or even in the morning. A stove with a flame will also work, but campfires really are more fun.
1 package crescent rolls (in refrigerated section)
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in small bowl.
- Separate crescent rolls and wrap them around the skewer.
- Roll each in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cook over campfire (or BBQ) for 5 minutes, rotating frequently.
- Optional – mix powdered sugar and water together to make a glaze and drizzle over cooked roll-up.
And now.... a word from our customers
"Have been using Leale’s for over 5 years. Can’t think of a better RV repair shop. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable; I know that I’m safe and ready for a road trip when I get my rig back from Leale’s. I have tried others but they just don’t compare to Leale’s quality of work."
- Linda S.
San Jose, CA
2070 S. Seventh St.
San Jose, CA 95112