Newsletter January 2017
Back To Newsletters
Best wishes for a safe and memorable 2017!
-from your Leale's RV Crew
A great big RV show is coming to town!
RV dealers and other RV vendors will be displaying their models, accessories, and services to help give you the information you need for great RV adventures. We’ll be there, so be sure to stop by our booth in the vendor hall. We would love to see you!
The 29th Annual Manufacturers’ RV ShowJanuary 7th – 16th 2017
Alameda County Fairgrounds
Show Hours: Weekdays 11-7, Sat. 10-7, Sunday &
MLK Jr. Day, Monday, 10-6
Admission: Adults $15, Seniors (65+) $12, Kids 16 and under FREE
For more show information, and for discount coupons, go to www.goodtimespromotions.net
2017 Leale's calendars available in January.
Our new 2017 Leale’s customer calendars will be available the second week of January. This is the second year for the Leale’s calendars and we’re very excited to share them with our customers.
You can pick up a calendar at the 29th Annual Manufacturers’ RV Show in Pleasanton the second two weeks in January, or drop by Leale’s RV for yours.
Leale’s 2017 Customer Calendar…our gift to you.
Just a few winter RV camping tips from our techs.
RV camping is great fun any time of year, but winter camping can be challenging. So, cold weather RVing requires a little extra planning and preparation.
Stay cozy and warm in your RV.
Here are just a few tips from our technicians to keep you warm and cozy in your RV so that you have a pleasant camping experience:
- Before your trip, check all window seals and re-caulk where needed.
- Inspect the weather stripping on all exterior doors and replace it if needed – this will keep out cold drafts.
- Empty both gray and black water tanks before your trip.
- Consider electric pipe heaters if you plan to camp for a long time, and you may also want to consider a holding tank heater.
- Install insulated curtains to keep the interior warm, especially at night.
- Insulated curtains are a great idea for separating the living area from the driver’s area. This reduces the overall interior area space that needs to be heated which will save on electricity or propane costs.
- At night, cover your windows with foam backed insulation. You can get this in home improvement stores.
- Since heat leaks out of roof vents and skylights, seal these with RV vent cushions that fit over most standard size vents.
- Be sure to clean and test your furnace before you hit the road. Leale’s can also do this for you.
- Make sure you have enough propane with you or are near a propane source.
- Before you leave, make sure the campgrounds you plan to visit are open.
- Always check the weather report before you begin your trip.
Now go have some winter camping fun!
2016 Customer Photo Contest Winners!
A great big “Thanks” to all of you who sent us your photos this year. Our contest winners will be forever recognized on our 2017 calendar pages.
We had a lot of fun with the photos we received for this year’s theme……
Traveling with your co-pilot(s).
January – Ken Sweezey
February – Robert Heimgartner
March – Ray Chavez
April – Burt Polishook
May – Irene Franco
June – Steve Boswell
July – Raymond Chavez
August – J. Forrester
September – Jim Dunham
October – Maggie Flores
November – Ralph Palmer
December – Vintage photo
Where will the photos be used?
- In our Leale’s 2017 Customer Calendar.
- On our Website.
- In our newsletter or company literature.
Thanks again for sharing some of your favorite pictures from your RV travels.
Tow system tech training and certification.
As part of our ongoing technical training program, we hold on-site classes, demonstrations, and technician certifications presented by various RV manufacturers. Last month we hosted a workshop by SMI Manufacturing on RV towing systems. If you have an RV and a tow car, you are probably familiar with SMI as one of the leaders in that field.
SMI Braking Systems is known for making towing a vehicle safe and easy with its state-of-the-art braking products. These systems are among the most efficient, easiest to install, and least costly among RV towing systems.
Contact Leale’s RV for information on the SMI towing system products:
- "Air Force One" for diesel motor homes with air brakes.
- "Stay-In-Play Duo" for rigs with hydraulic brakes. (408) 286-5353
Three of our techs, Miguel, Gil, and Eddie, are officially certified for SMI tow system installation. Leale’s has been working with SMI for several years, so we had the manufacturer representative come in to officially certify their knowledge of the SMI towing products.
Remember your tow vehicles.
Remember that Leale’s provides expert automotive care in our Transmission and Auto Repair facility.
For high-quality, fast service for your car, contact Leale's Transmission and Auto Repair: 408 286-5350
Leale's RV customers will receive a Free Auto oil change (for your car) with any automotive service over $300. Offer good through February 28, 2017. Coupon code: RVNewsauto17 Mention this offer when making your auto appointment. Not valid with any other offer.
RV Camping Tip!
Winter camping can be very cozy by staying warm and sharing warm snacks with fellow campers. It can also be a bit challenging coming up with easy-to-make delicious snacks to share. So here’s something simple and yummy that you can put together while enjoying your RV in those cold winter months.
Three-ingredient Crescent Sausage Bites
- 1 lb. hot sausage (pork or turkey)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- Dash of salt and ground pepper
- In a sauté pan, brown sausage, drain. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Blend in cream cheese until the cream cheese is melted.
- Unroll one package of crescent rolls and place on a baking sheet. With your fingers, gently press the seams together to seal them. Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the crescent roll dough, leaving about a ½-inch border along the edges.
- Unroll the remaining package of crescent rolls and place on top of the sausage mixture. Press the edges together to seal. Gently press the seams together.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until crescent roll dough is golden brown.
- Cut into small squares and serve. (A pizza cutter is a quick and easy way to cut the squares.)
Great for a potluck brunch.
from The Kitchen is My Playground
And now.... a word from our customers
"Brought my trailer in for rubber roof replacement. Workmanship was fantastic; customer service was also very good. Kory was a pleasure to deal with. Price was reasonable for the amount of work on this 31-foot Cardinal travel trailer. Replaced all vents and the replacement was better than it was from original purchase from the factory."
- Tiffany B.
Rally with us.
Have a club rally at Leale's!
There is no rally like a Leale’s rally, so come rally with us. All RV clubs are invited to visit the Leale’s facility, take a tour, and share important information.
If your club is interested in experiencing a rally at Leale’s, please contact Babette Shelton.
2070 S. Seventh St.
San Jose, CA 95112