Back To Newsletters
Enjoy the last days of warm weather
Immediate drop-off appointments available!
Always check out the engine and generator before you go.
Before you hit the road, it's wise to do a quick "inspection" of your RV's engine and generator. Remember, if they don't go, you don't go.
Class A diesel pusher engine compartment.
Here's a short engine/generator checklist to cover before your next trip:
- Make sure all fluids are full and fresh.
- Engine oil
- Engine Coolant
- Transmission Fluid
- Power steering fluid
- Windshield washer fluid
- Brake fluid
- Generator oil
Low fluids anywhere could indicate a leak or another problem. If you find a low fluid level, first try to figure out where the fluid is going.It's wise to routinely service your engine and fluids. If you have been doing this and you still suspect a leak somewhere, be sure to get your RV to Leale's to diagnose and fix the problem before you leave on your next trip.
- Check all of your gauges for accurate readings.
- The generator: does it need to be serviced?
If your generator hasn't been used for a while and before you start it to check it:
- Is the oil level correct? (Refer to the manual.)
- Inspect the exhaust area.
- Examine for any problems.
- Power steering fluid
- WIf no problem are seen, start the generator and let it run for a couple of hours.
It's important to check your RV systems BEFORE you get on the road to make sure everything is working properly.
National parks pass for seniors.
Yosemite National Park
Being a senior does have advantages, and one of those is the National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Senior Pass. This is an especially pleasant perk for senior RVers. Every year, we hear many stories of our customers’ trips to National Parks. So, if you’re a senior, here are some of the specifics you should know about this pass.
- A lifetime pass is $80 (plus a $10 handling fee).
- An annual senior pass is also available for $20.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be 62 or older.
- Passes can be obtained in different ways, including at federal recreation sites or by mail application.
- Provides access or entrance for the pass owner and accompanying passengers in a single, private, non-commercial vehicle at federally operated recreation sites across the U. S.
- You may be asked for photo identification when using the pass.
- The pass is non-refundable, cannot be transferred to someone else or replaced if lost.
- To obtain the pass, applicants must provide the following documentation: proof of age and residency or citizenship.
- Pass holders may get a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and other services.
- Specific sites should be contacted directly for information on what is covered by the pass at that location.
For more information and/or to obtain your pass:
Call (888) 275-8747, option 3.
Or Go to website: store.usgs.gov
Visit Leale's on Facebook.
Leale’s RV has a new Facebook page. Please visit us on Facebook for RV tips, Leale’s news, and discussions of all sort of things “RV”.
Leale's RV Facebook page.
Engage with us on Facebook. Join us for RV information, tips, special offers, and stories. We’d love to hear from you!
Like us or Follow us: facebook.com/LealesRVServiceCenter
Did you survive Burning Man?
RV camping at Burning Man. August 25 thru September 2, 2019
If you went to Burning Man this year, make sure your RV survived the event. And Leale's will help you do that. It can be a rough experience for an RV and it's best to take care of it soon after the event. Don't wait until the next time you plan to use it.
Call for a drop-off appointment now.
Don't forget Larry!
We woudn't want you to miss out on all the fun our customers are having photographing Larry while he travels with them.
If you don't have your very own "Larry" and would like to take him on your next trip, just give us a call or send a message to email@example.com
Larry, the Leale's Tech.
Larry will be featured once again in our Leale's calendar, and this year's photo contest is in full swing. We are collecting photos for the 2020 Calendar. Customers have been sending wonderful "Larry" photos and we would love yours. So, send them as soon as you can.
For photo contest information, go to: www.leales.com
Take photos of him wherever you travel. We can't wait to see your "Larry" pictures, so please keep sending them. Only a couple of months left until the October 31st photo content deadline.
Landscape orientation for your photos works best for the calendar.
Photo contest winner will be announced in December.
Note: It looks like Larry is having a great time traveling with our customers.
2019 Customer Photo Contest for the 2020 calendar Ends October 31st.
Thank you to everyone who has been sending photos for the 2019 Leale's RV Customer Photo Contest. If you still have some of those special shots you haven't sent yet, go ahead and get them to us right away. Larry will be featured again in next year's calendar, but we'd be thrilled to get other RV or camping photos too. Maybe you have a shot of a beautiful place you visited this year. Send it on over.
Send photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's another idea for Leale's calendars.
Our customers love their Leale's calendars. We recently discovered that in addition to keeping track of dates and times for their travels, our calendars serve another purpose.
So, here's the idea. Use it as an easy way to keep a record of where you've been and when you were there...great for preserving all those wonderful RV trip memories.
There are still a few calendars left if you need one for the rest of the year. Just stop by or give us a call.
"Happy Birthday, Larry!"
Celebrating Larry's Birthday...ice cream all around!
Larry just loves being the center of attention. And here he is in the middle of his birthday celebration with the Leale's staff.
"You've got a little ice cream on your face there, Larry."
Special RV service offers for September:
September RV Specials:
- 10% off labor for awning replacement
- 10% off Ventmate vent lids
- 20% off RV wash
September Free Monthly RV Service:
- Free road performance assessment
Remember to check your Leale's calendar for monthly special offers.
RV Camping Tip.
Easy RV camping recipe!
You can have all the ingredients ready to go or even make it ahead of your trip and just heat it up when you arrive at your destination. It's a great dish for a potluck.
One-Pot Taco Pasta
One-Pot Taco Pasta - great for RV camping trips.
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup each chopped red and yellow peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 3 cups wagon wheel pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (or canned)
- 1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a touch of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 green onion, cut diagonally into thin slices
- Brown meat with yellow onion in nonstick Dutch oven or large deep nonstick skillet. Add peppers: cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and chili powder. Cook 1 minute.
- Add water and tomato sauce. Stir. Bring to a boil. Stir in uncooked pasta. Cover. Simmer 15 minutes or just until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Top with cheese and green onions. Try a couple of dabs of sour cream or some sliced black olives too.
- Recipe by "My Food and Family"
Tips from our Techs.
If you're going to store your RV for two weeks or longer, make sure you dump your tanks. Sitting for even a short time can cause unpleasant odors in your RV. It will also add to the overall weight of your RV when you add water for your next trip.
Request appointments online.
Immediate drop-off appointments available!
Contacting Leale's is easy. You can give us a call or request appointments online through our Website too. There you can also contact us with questions or comments. Even write a review! For all parts of our business:
For all parts of our business:
- RV service & repair
- RV customization
- RV collision center
- RV storage
"And now....a word from our customers"
"Other places might tell you 'We can do that.' Not at Leale's. Their guys can do anything! Plus, they are all super courteous. Definitely five star."
Remember your tow vehicle.
Remember that you can also get expert automotive care at Leale's Transmission and Auto Repair facility.
For high-quality, fast service for your car, contact Leale's Transmission and Auto Repair:
Have a club rally at Leale's!
There is no rally like a Leale’s rally, so come rally with us. All RV clubs are invited to visit the Leale’s facility, take a tour, and share important information.
If your club is interested in hosting a rally at Leale’s, please contact Babette Shelton.
Call (408) 286-5353 or mail email@example.com